Muslim Feature Film Lab Program Manager (Part-Time)
The Islamic Scholarship Fund (ISF) is a fast-growing non-profit organization that increases American Muslim representation in media, film, and public policy by awarding merit-based scholarships, film grants, and facilitating internships, fellowships, and mentorship opportunities.
The ISF Muslim Feature Film Lab seeks to support American Muslim screenwriters through a year-long, workshop-style program focused on mentorship, financial support, and professional development for Muslim screenwriters. The overall, long-term goal of the Lab is to increase representation and the presence of Muslims in film and TV writers’ rooms by attaining agent management representation, placing writers in writers rooms, becoming Writers Guilds members, and ultimately improve narratives about Muslims to create a safer, more equitable world for our community and all marginalized populations.
We are in search of a part-time Program Manager responsible for carrying out the major duties and responsibilities of ISF’s Muslim Feature Film Lab. For 5 months, the candidate will work closely with the ISF Film Programs Director to plan, execute, and institutionalize the program. The program manager will work to lead staff in program duties during June 2022.
- Part-Time (20 hours): January 2021 – May 2022
- Full-Time (40 hours): June 2022
- Part-Time (20 hours): July 2022
- Experience managing previous writer’s/film labs
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to travel and work full time during the month of the lab (June 2022)
- Ability to multitask, be efficient, and work under multiple deadlines
- Comfortable with both strategic and hands-on work
- Able to work not only as a leader but also as a hands-on team member responsible for plan execution
- Organize a plan for the management & institutionalization of the writer’s lab
- Create and execute a marketing plan to ensure that all eligible applicants are aware of the opportunity
- Lead outreach efforts and distribute marketing materials
- Organize and oversee the logistics of the application process
- Coordinate with selection committee judges and schedule interviews with applicants.
- Lead team in program duties during the week-long writer’s lab
- Creating a final evaluation of the Lab (surveys, interviews, etc.)
Compensation: $10,000 stipend commensurate with experience
- Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- No calls, please.