Law · Legal Studies · Human Rights
Since 2009 ISF has funded American Muslim scholars studying and working in fields with the greatest impact on public opinion and policy, including law, legal studies, and human rights. Law scholarships range from $5,000-10,000. Our goal: to improve negative portrayals of Muslims in the news, increase the number of Muslim policymakers, and invest in the creation of positive and engaging stories about American Muslims.
- Muslim or active member of the Muslim community
- Enrolled full-time at an accredited university in the U.S. by August 2022; OR employed full-time in an ISF Supported Field and a part-time student at an accredited university in the U.S
- An undergraduate (senior) or an incoming 1L, 2L, or 3L.
- Studying an ISF-supported major
- Maintaining a minimum 3.0 GPA
- A U.S. citizen, DACA recipient, or permanent U.S. resident
- Public Interest Law
- Human Rights Studies
- Application form
- Video introduction
- Essay questions
- College transcripts
- Work samples
- Two letters of recommendation by a professor, mentor, religious leader, and/or employer
Past Awarded Scholarships
Scholarships ranged from
$3,000 - $10,000
November to March - Accepting Applications
ISF starts accepting applications in November for a period of 5 months. The deadline to submit a complete application is typically in late March.
April to May - Application Reviews
The Selection Committee will review the applications from April-May.
June - Phone Interviews
Finalists will move to the next round and complete phone interviews in June.
July - Scholarship Awarded
Final decision will be made in July and scholarships will be awarded shortly after.