Administrative Coordinator Job Description
The Islamic Scholarship Fund (ISF) is searching for a full-time Administrative Coordinator or furthering its mission and goals through a comprehensive marketing plan that will grow and expand upon the initiatives currently in place. The candidate will work closely with the Executive Director, Program Manager, and other staff members.
This position can be completed remotely, though candidates within the Berkeley, CA region preferred.
- B.A. degree from an accredited U.S. institution
- 2-3 years administrative experience
- Excellent verbal, reading, and written communication skills in English
- Comfortable navigating technology, specifically data entry and G Suite
- Advanced in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Takes initiative in manager’s absence and solves problems
- Develops goals, plans, organizes, and prioritizes work
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Contributes to team effort and relieves management of administrative tasks on projects
- Works well with others as a team player
- Incorporates creativity in all tasks
- Pays attention to details
- Adapts and possess flexibility
- Professional conduct and appearance.
- Most importantly, must have a sense of humor.
- Familiarity with Muslim culture and traditions
- Familiarity with digital marketing strategy and platforms
- Experience and familiarity with CRM systems
- Experience with graphic design platforms(Photoshop, Spark, etc.)
- Familiarity with Mailchimp
- Monitors incoming emails and FAQs and replies or forwards as required
- Answers incoming phones calls
- Coordinates and organizes appointments and meetings
- Performs occasional work-related errands as requested, such as going to the post office and bank
- Monitors and maintains office supplies and equipment
- Assists with training and onboarding of new employees
- Enrolls new employees in healthcare
- Edits documents and ensures accuracy and professionalism in all outgoing communication
- Provides support to other staff members with administrative tasks
- Manages passwords and platforms for the organization
- Administers edits to ISF website as needed
- Researches on specific topics and provides reports as needed
- Organizes travel arrangements for staff
- Attends Advisory Council meetings
- Attends weekly ISF staff meetings
- Assist with event planning and implementation virtually and in-person (post-COVID)
- Supports outreach and marketing of all programs on social media and email platforms
- Supports Program Manager in preparing and administering selection process of programs
- Assists with the selection and award process of scholarship and grant recipients
- Supports Graphic Designer in preparation of marketing material
- Supports Program Manager and other staff members as needed
- Works with accounting team on monthly reconciliations
- Processes employee and contractor reimbursements
- Manages and administers payments, grants, and scholarships
- Categorizing receipts and expenses
- Supports the development team with fundraising projects
- Imports donations into the CRM, ensuring accuracy and adherence to best practices
- Manages report scheduling and distribution to the development team
- Assists in administering yearly tax receipts and duplicates
- Updates and maintains CRM database to ensure data integrity
- Enter incoming pledges into CRM
Preferred comfortability navigating platforms utilized by ISF. These include Bill.com, ReceiptBank, NeonCRM, Causevid, etc.
Additionally, candidates must be comfortable using basic software like Google Drive, Gmail, and Zoom.
ISF is a fairly young organization with very ambitious goals. We are looking for someone who is genuinely passionate about our goals and objectives and is willing to work relentlessly for the greater good of society.
This is a full-time opportunity for a candidate to receive an attractive compensation package while serving the community and helping bring about long-term change. Compensation will include generous PTO, premium health benefits, and a retirement plan. Salary range is $48,000 - 60,000.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please no phone calls.