The Program Manager’s core responsibility is to ensure the effective planning, implementation, and evaluation of ISF’s core four programs and the engagement/mentorship of the ISF Alumni.
- Academic Scholarships
- Congressional Internships
- Congressional Fellowships
- Film Grants
The Program Manager reports directly to ISF’s Executive Director and supports/coordinates the activities of ISF’s Film Grant Director, Program Coordinator, and Congressional Internship and Fellowship Coordinator.
- Plan program and alumni activities in accordance with ISF’s annual operating plan
- Prepare an annual marketing and outreach plan for all programs
- Ensure that program activities are planned in accordance to up-to-date best practices and ISF policies/procedures
- Monitor program activities to ensure professional standards
- Support program staff by providing direction, input and feedback
- Increase effectiveness and efficiency in the delivery of services among different program
- Monitor program marketing material and outgoing communication
- Monitor social media program outreach and monitor activities
- Ensure that the programs operate within the approved budget
- Oversee the collection and maintenance of records on the users of programs for evaluation purposes
- Engage with applicants, judges and other stakeholders to provide support
- Decide on suitable strategies and objectives
- Coordinate cross-project activities
- Prepare weekly reports for Executive Director
- Host and plan events and webinars to promote programs and support the alumni
- Engages and supports the ISF Alumni through various mentorship opportunities
- Communicate with program users to solicit input to improve ISF programs
- Provide program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of programs and to identify areas for improvement
- Provide quarterly and annual reports on programs for board and funders
- BA degree in nonprofit, business, or related field. Masters preferred.
- Min of 5 years of program planning or management experience
- Ability to develop goals, plan, organize and prioritize work independently
- Excellent verbal, reading and written communication skills in English
- Ability to think critically and resolve problems independently
- Ability to maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships
- Professional work ethics, conduct, and appearance
- Commitment to ISF’s mission
Compensation: We are looking for someone who is genuinely passionate about our goals and objectives and is willing to work relentlessly for the greater good of society. The salary range for this position starts at $65,000 and commensurate with experience. Compensation will include health benefits and retirement plan.
Location: We are based in Berkeley, CA, and prefer local applicants; however, we will consider remote applicants for this position.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls.