The Islamic Scholarship Fund is a fast-growing non-profit organization with the mission to increase American Muslim representation in the professions that influence public policy and public opinion by providing academic scholarships, film grants, internships, and fellowships.
We’re growing our team this year and are hiring a full-time program coordinator with a passion for social justice to support our programming. We’re happy to pay up to $60,000 in salary for the right candidate.
- Prepares and tests online program applications
- Assists with the selection and award process for program recipients
- Supports the recruitment and training of selection committee members
- Distributes and collects program surveys and report findings
- Maintains applicant and recipient database
- Facilities the growth of programs by increasing number of applications received and applicants awarded
- Engages the alumni by providing resources and opportunities
- Stays informed of best practices and new program models
- Hosts information tables at events and promotes the programs
- Supports graphic designer in preparation of marketing material
- Supports outreach and marketing of all programs on social media and email platforms
- Remains the communication contact person for ISF’s programs
- Provides administrative support if needed
- Trains and supervises office interns
- Participates in weekly staff meetings
- Assists in fundraising activities as needed
- Coordinates community outreach
- Manages social media platforms
- BA degree
- 3-5 years programming experience
- Excellent verbal, reading and written communication skills in English
- Intermediate level computer software skills including data entry, Office Suites and Outlook
- Experience with graphic design a plus
Compensation: The Salary range is up to $60,000, for the right candidate. Compensation will include health benefits and retirement plan.
You will love this job if:
- You want help make a positive impact in representing Muslims and Islam in the US.
- You really enjoy doing a variety of tasks, rather than the same thing over and over.
- You’ve worked as programming coordinator and have excellent references.
This job is not right for you if:
- Your job is just a paycheck, and the idea of being on a mission to help student-scholars enter policy and media related fields doesn’t float your boat.
- You need more structure and a lot of guidance in your work because you haven’t done programming work before and are not a creative and critical thinker.
Location: ISF is a national organization. Our office is located in Berkeley, California. Remote applicants are welcome to apply.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.