The Islamic Scholarship Fund is growing fast and we are excited to announce that we are hiring a Program Coordinator! Come and join an organization that is making national and global impact.
The Program Coordinator will work closely with our Program and Operations Director to oversee the smooth implementation and expansion of our programs. This position is a great way to get involved with ISF’s broader mission of empowering young Muslim students to enter into fields such as policy, law, film and media. In addition, the program coordinator will play a direct role in shaping the work of the ISF and making sure our work truly lives up to and fulfills our mission.
Program Coordinator Job Description
Under the supervision of our Director of Programs and Operations, this position is responsible for the coordination and execution of ISF’s four main programs: Scholarships, Film Grants, Congressional internships, and Youth Workshops.
This position also supports administrative activities at ISF and provides support to Director of Programs and Operations and President as needed.
- Prepare and test online program applications
- Plan workshops, manage all logistics, secure date, speakers and venue
- Engage and train volunteers for appropriate program activities
- Prepare/coordinate marketing material
- Spearhead outreach and marketing of all programs
- Lead programs
- Ensure programs operate within the approved budget
- Response to questions about programs
- Monitor program activities on a regular basis and record findings
- Create an evaluation system that monitors the effectiveness of each program
- Report program activities. Alter and improve programs to improve efficiency
- Prepare annual program evaluation results
- Provide administrative support for daily operation
- Train and supervise office interns
- Participate in weekly staff meetings
- Answer to calls and emails
- Assist with fundraising activities as needed
- Coordinate community outreach
- Manage social media platforms
- Plan weekly emails
- Familiarity with the American Muslim community and Middle Eastern culture
- BA/BS Degree
- 5 years work experience in program planning, community organizing or related areas
- At least 3 years of leadership experience
- Excellent English verbal, reading and written communication skills
- Knowledgeable in an administrative role
- Ability to develop goals, plan, organize and prioritize work
- Ability to think critically and resolve problems independently
- Intermediate level computer software skills including data entry, Office Suites, and Outlook.
- Experience with graphic design a plus
- Ability to maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships
- Professional conduct and appearance
- Commitment to ISF’s mission
ISF is a fairly young organization with very ambitious goals. We are looking for someone who is genuinely passionate about our goals and objectives and is willing to work relentlessly for the greater good of the society.
This is a full-time opportunity for a candidate to receive an attractive compensation package, while serving the community and helping bring about long-term change. Compensation will include fullbenefits and retirement plan. Salary range: $42,000-$50,000.
Location of Position:
Our office is located in downtown Berkeley, CA.
Please email your resume and cover letter to snikooei@IslamicScholarshipFund.org
Please no phone calls.