The Islamic Scholarship Fund is a fast-growing non-profit organization with the mission to increase American Muslim representation in the professions that influence public policy and public opinion by providing academic scholarships, film grants, internships, and fellowships.
ISF is seeking a full-time Development Manager to lead ALL development initiatives. The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
- BS or BA from an accredited U.S. institution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Five-year minimum track record in fundraising, organizational and management activities
- Willingness to travel frequently and attend community events often held during weekends
- Polished presentation and public speaking skills
- Familiarity with the grant process and grant-making institutions
- Familiarity with Muslim culture and traditions
- Graduate degree in Non-Profit Management or MBA
The primary duties include but are not limited to the following activities:
- In association with the Director, enhance and expand collaboration with educational, religious and cultural entities
- Develop and implement a comprehensive communication and marketing plan to convey the ISF vision to all donors, partners and the community at large
- Develop and document processes for the procedures and protocols necessary for the creation and implementation of successful fundraising strategies. ISF aims to duplicate its current local efforts in all major US markets
- Plan and organize all aspects of donor campaigns and event sponsorships
- In association with the Director, organizes special events that “showcase” the ISF mission locally and nationally
- Plan and execute annual banquets
- Work with ISF alumni on a national level and plan intimate fundraising dinners
- Create, document and implement a short and long-term fundraising plan for ISF
- Identify, and liaise with, new donors and sources of funding, including relevant grant opportunities and corporate donor programs
- Generate new strategies and implement new and existing strategies to cultivate and maintain relationships with donors, with the aim of growing both the ISF endowment as well as current spending mandates (such as zakat proceeds)
- Understand the psychology and cycle of giving.
- Organize and maintain close and genuine donor relationships.
- Develop and help implement a strategic outreach plan for each prospect
- Identify, cultivate and steward “major gift” ($10,000+) donors focused on the self-sustaining model of the ISF endowment fund
- Identify and pursues and manage any and all potential grant sources
ISF is looking for someone who is genuinely passionate about its goals and objectives and is willing to work relentlessly for the greater good of society. If you have the energy and the entrepreneurial spirit of building a successful entity with endless potentials, this could be the right position for you.
Compensation is commensurate with the quality of the candidate and up to $80,000. This is an opportunity for a candidate to receive an attractive compensation package while serving the greater Muslim community and helping bring about long-term change. Compensation shall include a base salary, retirement plan, health benefits, allowance for trade conference attendance and educational advancement.
ISF is a national organization. Our office is located in Berkeley, California. Remote applicants are welcome to apply.