The Islamic Scholarship Fund is a fast-growing non-profit organization with the mission to increase American Muslim representation in the professions that influence public policy and public opinion by providing academic scholarships, film grants, internships, and fellowships.
We’re growing our team this year and we are hiring a full-time development coordinator with passion for social justice. The salary range is up to $60,000 for the right candidate.
- In association with the Director, create and implement a short and long-term fundraising plan
- In association with the Director, plan, organize and host special events and presentations locally and nationally
- Support the planning and execution of ISF’s annual banquets. Coordinate and plan the event, utilizing host committees and other volunteers to reach the banquet’s attendance and fundraising goals
- Work with ISF alumni on a national level and plan intimate fundraising dinners
- Understand the psychology and cycle of giving. Organize and maintain close and genuine donor relationships.
- Develop and help implement a strategic outreach plan for various communities
- Identify grant opportunities and corporate sponsorship programs
- BA degree
- 3-5 years leadership experience
- Excellent presentation, reading and written communication skills in English
- Intermediate level computer software skills including data entry, Office Suites and Outlook
- Experience with graphic design a plus
- This position requires traveling domestically
Compensation: The Salary range is up to $60,000, for the right candidate. Compensation will include health benefits and retirement plan.
You will love this job if:
- You want help make a positive impact in representing Muslims and Islam in the US
- You really enjoy doing a variety of tasks, rather than the same thing over and over
- You’ve worked as a development coordinator, know how to host professional events and have excellent references.
This job is not right for you if:
- Your job is just a paycheck, and the idea of being on a mission to help student-scholars go to college and grad school to impact public policy and media doesn’t float your boat.
- You need more structure and a lot of guidance in your work because you haven’t done leadership work before.
Location: ISF is a national organization, but our office is located in Berkeley, California.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.