East Coast Expansion Development Committee Chair Job Description
The Islamic Scholarship Fund (www.islamicscholarshipfund.org) is a fast growing nonprofit organization currently expanding to the East Coast with the goal to reach out to more students and to grow its network of supporters.
ISF’s mission is to address the underrepresentation of Muslims in the fields of studies and occupations that make public policy and influence public opinion. Our goal is to encourage and support Muslim students to become future lawyers, politicians, journalists, film makers, and academicians that properly represent Islam and Muslims in the US. Our services include: Academic Scholarships, Film Grants, Congressional Internships and Parent and Youth Education Workshops.
ISF is seeking a Development Committee Chair to lead East Coast development initiative in order to allow ISF to expand its operations and implement its strategies. The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
- BS or BA from an accredited US institution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Three year minimum track record in fundraising, organizational and management activities.
- US citizen or permanent resident.
- Willingness to travel frequently and attend community events often held during weekends.
- Polished presentation and public speaking skills.
- Familiarity with Muslim non-profit organizations on the East Coast.
- Time commitment of min 5 hours a week for a year.
The primary duties include but are not limited to the following activities:
- In association with the East Coast Expansion Executive Committee Chair, leads the members of the Development Committee.
- Reports directly to the East Coast Expansion Committee Chair
- Develops and enhances processes for the procedures and protocols necessary towards the creation and implementation of successful fundraising strategies in the East Coast
- In association with the Executive Committee Chair and Outreach Committee Chair , organizes public and private events that “showcase” the ISF mission locally and nationally to cultivate giving.
Annual Giving-Scholarship Sponsorship-Monthly Giving-Private Events:
- In association with the Executive Committee Chair, create, document and implement a short and long-term fundraising business plan for the East Coast
- Works with the various Development Committee members for new donors and sources of funding.
- Generate new strategies and implement new and existing strategies to cultivate and maintain relationships with donors, with the aim of growing both the ISF endowment as well as current spending mandates (such as zakat proceeds).
- Understand the psychology and cycle of giving. Organize and maintain close and genuine donor relationships. Develop and help implement a strategic outreach plan for each prospect.
- Identify, cultivate and steward “major gift” ($10,000+) donors focused on the self-sustaining model of the ISF endowment fund.
- Identify and pursue and manage any and all potential grant source
ISF is looking for someone who is genuinely passionate about its goals and objectives and is willing to work relentlessly for the greater good of the society. If you have the energy, entrepreneurial and philanthropic spirit of building a successful entity with endless potential, this could be the right position for you.
This is a volunteer position to serve the greater Muslim community and help bring about long-term change.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume to Somayeh Nikooei at snikooei@IslamicScholarshipFund.org
Please include a personal statement as to what attracts you to ISF and why you are the right candidate for the position. Please include references.