Since 2009, ISF has been providing scholarships, internships, fellowships and film grants to students majoring in law, policy, film and media with the goal of empowering American Muslims who are shaping public policy and influencing public opinion.
ISF is launching its inaugural congressional internship which is fully paid for by ISF. The goal of this ten-week summer internship is for interns to work in congressional offices to become well-versed in the creation and implementation of policy. In addition, interns will learn how to shape policies in a way that is inclusive and which doesn’t undermine the needs of any marginalized group. Further, practitioners in the field will answer the question of how policy can remedy injustice.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO QUALIFY FOR THE MUSLIM CONGRESSIONAL INTERNSHIP AND SCHOLARSHIP:
- Muslim or an active member of the Muslim community;
- Enrolled at an accredited university in the U.S. or graduated within the last year;
- Majoring in an ISF supported major;
- Maintaining a minimum 3.0 Grade Point Average;
- A Citizen or Permanent Resident of the U.S.;
- An undergraduate (incoming junior-senior) or of graduate standing (excluding Ph.D.)
HOW TO APPLY:
- Access the online application.
- Fill out the online application and submit all supporting documents before the deadline.
WHAT TO SUBMIT:
- Application form
- Video Introduction
- Essay Questions
- College Transcripts
- Policy Interests
- Deadline to apply: 1/6/2020
- First day of internship starting with an orientation: 5/25/2020 (Exact internship dates will be negotiated between candidate and office, but must start by May 28, 2019 and end no sooner than July 31, 2019)
- Exit interview and end of internship: 8/1/2020
- After being given a conditional acceptance by ISF, we will use our Congressional connections to help candidates get internships in Congressional offices.
- Candidates will interview with offices. Once an office extends an offer to a candidate, a final acceptance will automatically be given to candidate.
- Interns will work full-time hours with Congressional offices (as set by the office) and are not permitted to have any other internships or employment.
- Interns are required to attend ISF hosted sessions and workshops
- Interns will be provided with a $3,500 stipend. Half will be given at orientation, and half will be given at exit interview, provided interns have attended all sessions. We will also cover housing and flight cost to and from DC.