The Islamic Scholarship Fund (ISF) is a social justice organization based in Newark, California that helps deserving students attain a higher education by awarding merit-based scholarships, congressional internships, workshops and film grants. We’re growing our team this year, and first up for us is hiring a full time administrative coordinator with passion for social justice. We’re happy to pay up to $48,000 in salary for the right candidate. ☺
You will love this job if:
- You want help make a positive impact in representing Muslims and Islam in the US.
- You really enjoy doing a variety of tasks, rather than the same thing over and over.
- You’ve worked as an administrative assistant and have excellent references.
This job is not right for you if:
- Your job is just a paycheck, and the idea of being on a mission to help student-scholars go to college and grad school doesn’t float your boat.
- You need more structure and a lot of guidance in your work because you haven’t done administrative work before.
- You tend to like “the big picture” more than the details.
- Monitors incoming calls and emails and replies or forwards as required
- Prepares weekly emails to members
- Edits documents and ensures accuracy and professionalism in all outgoing communication
- Researches on specific topics and provides report
- Prepares presentations
- Develops, updates and maintains all databases such as donors and recipients and retrieves information when requested
Staff and Office Support
- Organizes travel arrangements for staff
- Coordinates and organizes appointments and meetings
- Monitors and maintains office supplies and equipment
- Performs work related errands as requested such as going to the post office and bank
- Assist with event planning and implementation
- Assists with the selection and award process of scholarship and grant recipients
- Prepares and tests online program applications
- Trains interns and volunteers
- Hosts information tables at events and represents the organization
- Supports graphic designer in preparation of marketing material
- Supports outreach and marketing of all programs on social media and email platforms
- Attends events and workshops and supports with the execution
- Observes ISF events and notes areas of strength and improvement
- Distributes, collects, and reports program surveys
- AA and/or BA degree
- 3-5 years administrative experience
- Excellent verbal, reading and written communication skills in English
- Intermediate level computer software skills including data entry, Office Suites and Outlook
- Experience with graphic design a plus
The Salary range is up to $48,000, for the right candidate. Compensation will include health benefits and retirement plan.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.